[ANN]: v1.4 of 4D v13 Code Analysis component ImprovesDani Beaubien (4/6/14 10:46AM)
Dani Beaubien (4/6/14 10:46 AM)
support forSource Code Control
I have updated the 4Dv13 Code Analysis component to address a few
outstanding bug and added some enhancements. The bulk of the
enhancements are enhancing how the preferences are stored and moving
the component to better support code management. This version is now
using more platform friendly end-of-line characters so that source
code control systems will recognize each line. I have added a quick
launcher floating palette that makes it much easier for you to quickly
export any method changes to disk.
WHAT IS IT
Code Analysis is easy to use and offers the following features:
- Can perform analysis on "all" stored methods in the structure
including project methods, project form/object methods, table
form/object methods, database methods and trigger methods.
- Gathers stats on line counts, comment line counts, blank line
counts, code line counts, and cyclomatic complexity.
- Can export, as disk files, every method in the structure. Can be
used for archiving, backups, and source code management.
- Can export, as JSON files, every available form and form object
property in the structure. Can be used for archiving, backups, and
source code management.
- Can export, as JSON files, every available table and field property
in the structure. Can be used for archiving, backups, and source code
- Can create HTML documentation of the methods in the structure. The
HTML docs can be limited to only those methods that have been marked
as shared with host. This gives 4D developers to easily produce
documentation for components that they share.
- Can create a docset for the shared methods. Third party Docset
viewers are available on many platforms.
Please feel free to drop me a note on suggestions and feature
requests. I do plan to do some more tweaks and add new features in the
HOW TO GET IT
to get more information and download the component.
VERSION 1.4 CHANGES
-Adjusted the layout of the Preferences and API Docs buttons on the
-Enhanced the format used in the internal xml preference files. A
preference label attribute is part of each preference.
-Worked around an issue with the "folder separator" constant with a
hotfix version of 4D.
-Fixed issue that allowed html files to be dragged onto the webarea on
the documentation/release notes window.
-Fixed issue where object names had special characters. The objects
are display properly rather than encoded characters. The issue was
fixed on screen and in the exported HTML docs.
-Improved Read Me file
- Added a quick launcher window that can be set as floating or just a
plain palette. From this quick launcher window you can export the
methods to text files as well as open the main window for the
component or the preferences. The window can be opened by calling the
- Split the preference on what to append to the folder containing the
exported methods. The options are nothing, date only, date & time.
- Added a preference to control which line endings to use for the
exports. CR, LF and CRLF are the options.
Method Difference Viewer
- Made some slight UI updates to the screen.
- Added ability to copy, using an Apply button, the method from disk
into the 4D method. Note: Form methods can only be updated. They
cannot be created this way.
- Fixed issue where the changes within a line would not be highlighted
if the that line of the method contained a <, > or &.
- Fixed issue where any html embedded in a line would be hidden if the
that line of the method contained a <, > or &.
- The DIFF parser will normalize the end-of-line character(s) before
performing the DIFF. The result is that two files of identical content
but with different EOLs will not show as having differences. This also
applies to the differences tab as well.
- Added "Called" column that shows the number of times that method is
called directly in 4D Code.
- The folder that was used to check for differences against is stored
in the local structure preferences. The next time the Code Analysis
window is opened, that last folder is restored so that a quick
"Re-Check" button can be done.
- Fixed a bug in the "Create Method From File" so that the BOM in the
UTF8 file is not imported as part of the code. The option to create a
method from a file is part of the contextual menu when clicking on a
method in the list of differences.
- Fixed a bug that caused the "Show File on Disk" pop-up menu option
to not work. This option is part of the contextual menu when clicking
on a method in the list of differences.
Structure Export Tab
- Fixed runtime errors that would occur when Exporting Properties.
Apparently using pointers to local vars as parms to an EXECUTE METHOD
is not a good idea.
- Window locations are stored in a global preference file rather one
preference file per structure that the CodeAnlysis component is
- The Preference dialog preference values are now tied to an internal
project name that is generated the first time the CodeAnaysis
component is used. This means that the preferences will persist if the
host structure changes it's name. The internal project name is stored
in the host structure's resource folder.
Open Road Development, Inc.
Reply to this message
Summary created 4/7/14 at 12:36PM by Intellex Corporation
Comments welcome at: email@example.com